Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Reading through the Bible- God's mercy

  




James 2:23

For judgment is without mercy to him who has shown no mercy.  Mercy triumphs over judgment.


I am so glad that my God and Father does not treat me as my sins deserve, but is rich in His mercy towards me. Every day I get to experience His new mercies! (Lamentations 3:22-23) In Matthew 5:7, Jesus tells us Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. (KJV) I am painfully aware that in my own life, I need all the mercy that I can get. So if I want mercy for myself, I better be a dispenser of mercy to everyone I meet too!

My prayer is that we would be a people who continue to walk in the amazing love and mercy that God bestows on us, so that we can be a vessel of His mercy to others. 

May we actually love showing mercy (Micah 6:8) to those who don't deserve it and be an expression of our Lord's mercy to all those we meet. (Luke 6:36) 

The mercy of our God and Father will triumph over every form of judgment in your own life. Believe it. Receive it. Love it... and give it away!

No comments: