Saturday, October 17, 2015

Reading through Romans-Ministering the gospel

1516
Romans15:14-16, "Now I myself am confident concerning you, my brethren, that you also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another. Nevertheless, brethren, I have written more boldly to you on some points, as reminding you, because of the grace given to me by God, that I might be a minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering of the Gentiles might be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit."
Able also to admonish one another: Paul wrote to remind them, encouraging them to minister the gospel of God.
That I might be a minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles: This is consistent with Paul's calling to be a minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles
That the offering of the Gentiles might be acceptable: When the Gentiles live glorifying God, then their offering to God is acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit - the necessity of such a sacrifice makes Paul's writing necessary.
Dear God, I am so grateful to you for showing me your gospel through your Word.  I pray that if it is your will that You use me to share it with others.

No comments: