Monday, October 19, 2015

Reading through Romans-Preaching the Gospel

1520
Romans 15:20-21, "And so I have made it my aim to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build on another man's foundation, but as it is written: 'To whom He was not announced, they shall see; and those who have not heard shall understand.'"
Not where Christ was named: Paul did not want to build on another man's foundation. Rather he wanted to do pioneer work for the Lord - not because it was wrong or bad to continue the work begun through another man, but because there was so much to do on the frontiers.
But as it is written: Paul saw his pioneering heart as obedience to the Scriptures, fulfilling the passage he quotes from the Old Testament.
Dear God, I pray that my life will be  a witness of the gospel of Jesus, both in word and in deed.  Guide me dear Lord!

No comments: