Friday, May 8, 2015

Reading through Romans-My Holy God

dark
"For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things."
It is our natural tendency to want to be in charge (or be the God) of our own lives.  But when we do not honor God as the Controller of our lives, we have to put something else in His place.  For me it is most often myself.
But not bowing to God's Holy Sovereignty alienates us from Him.  The sins that we commit are results of that self-chosen alienation from God. When we cut ourselves off from God, the things we want are sometimes bad for us, and if God lets us do what we want, we end up doing things that are bad for us.
I pray dear Lord that I wil lift my eyes to you and declare your Lordship of my life!

No comments: