Friday, May 8, 2015

Reading through Romans-The wrath of God:our need for salvation

wrath
"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth."
Paul spoke of salvation - but what are we saved from? First and foremost, we are saved from the wrath of God that we righteously deserve.
"Unless there is something to be saved from, there is no point in talking about salvation." (Morris)
We all deserve God's wrath.
We sometimes object to the idea of the wrath of God because we equate it with human anger, which is motivated by selfish personal reasons or by a desire for revenge. We must not forget that the wrath of God is completely righteous in character.
"Wrath is the holy revulsion of God's being against that which is the contradiction of his holiness." (Murrary)
This is my prayer today:
"Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Psa 139:23-34
Knowing myself as I do, that is a bold prayer!

No comments: