Friday, January 22, 2016

Celebrating my new birth!

delight
I used to struggle on my birthday.   longed to feel the adoration and appreciation of the people that I loved.  And while I blessed to be well loved by many, I longed for a deep, unconditional love for me as I truly am.  I wanted someone to want to know me, warts and all, and love me anyway.
Trouble was, I did not recognize the impact of my sins on my eternal life with God.  Basically, I wanted unconditional love without having to humble myself to God.  But lovingly, through His Word, God showed me my sins against Him and my inability to make up for them or become pure enough to have a relationship with God through anything I can do.
Blessedly, God also also convinced me that His work on the cross is the only perfect sacrifice for sin, and by accepting it I am made clean and perfect before Him on Judgment Day.
The day I accepted that gift I was born again!  I finally know what Jesus meant when He said, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”    The ultimate birthday gift!  Praise be to God!!!
I also finally can believe and accept the fullness of His love for me as evidenced in His Word, "The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will delight over you with loud singing."
So today, I praise God for my new life with Him through Jesus Christ my Lord! Amen!!

No comments: