Thursday, January 7, 2016

Reading through the Bible-How stronger Christians should deal with weaker Christians

812
1 Corinthians 8:12-13, "Thus, sinning against your brothers and wounding their conscience when it is weak, you sin against Christ.Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble."
In Corinth, Christians were arguing about food. It seems as if Paul could hardly believe it. Paul himself would refuse ever to eat meat if, by that means, he could help another person to trust God.
Jesus gave similar advice in Mark 9:42. Christians must be very careful not to do anything that may spoil someone else’s relationship with God. That is especially important when stronger Christians are dealing with weaker Christians.
Dear God, I am so grateful for a strong conscience based on the finished work of Christ on my behalf!  Guide me to love others from that place of peace and hope.

No comments: