Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Reading through Romans-Our admission of our disobedience is what brings us to Him

1132
Romans 11:30-32, "For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience, even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy. For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all."
You were once disobedient to God: The Gentile Christians came from disobedience; yet God showed them mercy, in part through the disobedience of Israel.
Obtained mercy through their disobedience: If God could use the disobedience of Israel for the good of Gentiles, He could also use the mercy shown to Gentiles for the mercy of Israel.
God has committed them all to disobedience: The idea is that God has shut up both Jew and Gentile into custody as lawbreakers. God offers mercy to these prisoners, based on the person and work of Jesus.
Dear God, thank you for convicting me of my sin and showing me the impossibility of gaining my own eternal life.  I am so grateful for your saving me through Christ!

No comments: